Sunday 2 November 2014

Cinnamon apple chips

Um diesen Beitrag auf Deutsch zu lesen, bitte hier klicken.



And the apple-craze continues! In my last post I shared with you my Apple Cinnamon Muffins (which where gone really soon) and so I thought of making something that might last a little longer: oven-baked apple chips! I got my inspiration from the blog Kosher on a budget and these turn out especially well with really ripe apples as they will be very sweet and don't need any sugars added.

2 ingredients needed:

  • 2-3 apples
  • cinnamon
  apple chips with cinnamon

apple chips with cinnamon

To get very thin slices you can either use a grater or you can slice them very thinly with your knife.


  apple chips with cinnamon

Add cinnamon and mix well.


  apple chips with cinnamon

Put them on two baking sheets and set the oven to 140°C. Put the baking sheets in the oven and leave the oven door open for a couple of centimeters. I stuck  a wooden (!) spoon in the door because mine wouldn't stay open by itself.  In some of the recipes I found online there was no mention of it, I however found it crucial to get them really dry.


  apple chips with cinnamon

Bake for about 40-50 minutes then flip the apple pieces and bake for another 40-50 minutes.


  apple chips with cinnamon

Afterwards let the apple chips cool for a little bit and then they'll be dry enough to be stored (or eaten ;) ).


  apple chips with cinnamon   

These apple chips make the perfect snack during the day for me. They're delicious, easy to store and light to carry in a bag on the go. I hope you enjoy your's! Let me know how they turned out :)


No comments :

Post a Comment